Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Adding Francis' Writings to Your Kindle Paperwhite

I have been wanting to add some of St. Francis' writings to my Kindle Paperwhite. Unfortunately, the contemporary sources that I am familiar with have not been converted to the Kindle format. 

Recently, I found a public domain version of St. Francis' writings. It is from 1906. Dated for sure, but still pretty good. I decided to use the version from the public domain to avoid getting copyright permission in the event I decide to share whatever I create with others. All I have to do is acknowledge the source.

As a test, I copied the text of Francis' Admonitions. Then, I pasted the copied text into Google Docs. Next, I cleaned up the text by removing hidden hyperlinks. Next, I used a Google app called MOBI Writer to convert the Google Doc into the format that Kindle uses.  After converting the file, I sent it to my Kindle Paperwhite. Success! I now have the Admonitions on my Kindle Paperwhite. 


As of this date, The Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order is not available in the Kindle format. You could use the process describe above to create a Kindle version for your personal use.

No comments: